Two Barrels is looking for a WordPress Designer for $60,000/year to develop pages and flexible components across a range of websites. This is a full time, 40 hour/week position with company benefits.
This role works with a portfolio of many websites, all of them in-house projects (no external clients).
Although an understanding of the fundamentals of HTML & CSS is critical to the success of this role, this position will NOT develop or write code. If you have extensive experience making the WordPress platform bend to your will, an acute interest in the finer details of design consistency, and the imagination to conceive new features for developers to create for you, we’d like to talk to you.
You will be able to draw on your skills and experience to do whatever you feel inclined to do to get the job done right. You should have an interest in doing the research to understand the users and visitors of these properties and think outside the box to raise the level of the projects you’ll work on. This is a chance to really dig in and do amazing things.
Two Barrels stays on the forefront of our industry’s trends, setting the bar for many others that follow. This requires everyone to work proficiently, so being a team player is a must. In addition to playing well with others, we would anticipate our WordPress designer to be extraordinarily creative, have advanced knowledge of Adobe CS products, and to speak the language of design and production in the digital setting.
- Producing landing pages for existing sites and inbound marketing campaigns
- Leveraging WordPress modules and plugins to render design mockups as live UX
- Consulting with Design and Front End teams to develop UI that is functional, clean and consistent with brand standards
- Running A/B tests for UI/UX elements
- Editing sites for consistent application of Style Sheets
- A relevant diploma in a related field or at least three years’ experience in a mostly autonomous design/development role
- Proven work experience as a WordPress designer
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- In the know of latest industry web trends
- Excellent visual design skills
- Ability to self-manage, communicate, and be a team player
Why you might like this job:
You enjoy working independently to create eye-catching websites. You are a self-starter that doesn’t need to be micro-managed. You like to research new website design trends and test them out on the right audiences. You’re tired of working on a never ending cycle of new clients.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 18 days paid time off (flexible time off after 5 years)
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing (additional 7 holidays off after 3 years)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…