How To Get A Job Here
We want to hire as much talent as possible for developing software, networking, and making awesome websites, so the way we hire is a little different than you might expect.
- We’re always hiring
We service about 60ish products and over 3 million active businesses worldwide. It’s a lot of work. We have no investors and no debt. Family-owned and operated. We’re in the supporting good humans business. If you’re good at what you’re doing, we’re always hiring. We’re 800+ employees strong with offices in every state.
- We want you to show us something
You’d think it’s common sense, but it’s amazing how many times we get only vague resumes and cover letters, GitHub links with no code that actually shows your skills, or links to websites you might have helped make but with no description of the work you actually did. Frankly, normal wastes a lot of our time. We’re always interested in hiring new talent, but the ball is in your court to show us something relevant to why we should hire you.
- We want a cover letter
If you upload a resume and skip the cover letter, you are wasting your time and your application will not be reviewed. That said, we know software engineers, developers, and networking people are probably not experts at writing cover letters. So why are we judging you based off a document you suck at writing and that probably exaggerates what you’re capable of? Well, we hire for passion and culture, and we want to hear what you have to say. Use the cover letter to talk to us. Tell us what you’d like us to know.
- We want to talk to you
We try to respond to every single application that comes in. Ideally, we’d have a phone conversation with every applicant. We have 5 recruiters, and it’s not enough though. If you don’t hear back from us, it’s not that we hated you. It might just be that we get at least 100 to sometimes 300 applications a day to sift through and we’re pretty much always hiring for somewhere around 120ish positions. Persistence does pay off here.
- We strive for an equal playing field
From the highest C-level executive to entry-level anything, it all starts at the same place. If you’re going to be a Senior Software Engineer, our President of Marketing, or our new President of Engineering, your path goes through the very people you may have to manage. We treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- We want you to be yourself
Two Barrels embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to eliminating barriers in the workplace and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills, and where everyone is comfortable and feels valued. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Our Recruiting Process
Once you’ve applied, what happens next? Here’s what you can expect after you apply at Two Barrels:
- Privacy. To start with, we do not use third party software to organize and run our applicants because we believe in privacy as a default. We do not want people’s private information stored on third-party applications. We only communicate via our email email@example.com.
- Phone interview. If your cover letter and other application materials look good, you’ll get an email from us asking to have a less than 30-minute phone call to doublecheck we’re both on the same page.
- Video interview. If we both want to move forward we’ll have a video interview. We can bounce some questions back and forth over email or phone, but our goal is to tell you yes or no within 1 week of the initial interview. Our recruiters have full authority to actually hire you. Sometimes we might want to do a second interview, and on some types of jobs we might want to do a skill test.
- Offer. We want you to sleep on it for a couple nights and get back to us and see if you catch a vibe from us. We feel like we’re both on a journey, and we don’t want to talk you into working here.
Throughout the whole process, we’ll try to be as honest as possible and paint as bad of a picture as possible for you so you can hopefully trust us as much as possible and give both of us the best shot at success. It’s a big move for you, and we don’t want to be a problem for you.
We’d like to be the solution you’ve been looking for.