Two Barrels is hiring an SEO Specialist for $55,000/year. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time 40 hour M-F onsite position with company benefits. This is a remote position. Our main office is in Spokane WA, and we have satellite offices in Austin TX and Salt Lake City UT.
As an SEO Specialist, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our websites are doing everything they can to rank as high as they can in the SERPs. For starters, that will mean updating low-hanging fruit like meta descriptions and ensuring websites meet our in-house SEO standards. Our hope, however, is after fully coming to appreciate and understand our standards, you’ll be able to expand our methods using research, data and testing, becoming a true SEO ninja. Also, you’ll have a team of writers, front-end devs and designers to bring your schemes to life.
Our ideal candidate will have at least a couple years of experience successfully ranking and competing at a high-level on national terms. They will also have a solid understanding of technical SEO (from schema to sitemaps), the ability to use data to formulate a plan, and a willingness to make their plans happen.
Location:Remote | Spokane – Austin – SLC |
- Ensure our websites and pages rank for a wide variety of keywords.
- Work with our writers, designers and front-end devs to create high ranking content and websites.
- Optimize all things SEO—information architecture, structured data, crawling and indexing, page speed, etc.
- Audit SEO performance, identifying issues and potential sources.
- Conduct SEO experiments and draw conclusions from results.
- Produce reports on topics such as traffic, rankings and experiments.
- Balance SEO goals with branding & other company objectives.
- Stay on top of industry changes, algorithm changes, and best practices.
- A college degree
- Two years of SEO experience
- Proficiency with a wide variety of SEO tools, such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, GTM, Ahrefs, SEMrush, etc.
- Experience with technical SEO (schemas, URL structures, rendering issues, crawl performance, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience ranking for highly competitive national terms
Why you might like this job:
- We’re not an ad agency.
- You don’t have to deal with clients.
- We never have to drum up business; all clients are in house.
- Experimentation will be required.
- You want to work with a creative team of people who like their jobs.
- You will be able to directly witness the effect your work has on a company.
- You love SEO, trying new ideas, and using your smarts to outrank the competition.
Why you wouldn’t want this job:
- If you require a lot of structure. Folks who need an authority figure hovering over them to get their work done have a tough time here.
- If you don’t want to work with other people. SEO affects every part of our business. You don’t have to be an extrovert, but you will have to initiate and maintain a whole lot of communication.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 22 days paid time off (29 days after 3 years. Flexible time off after 5 years!)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…