Junior Graphic Designer
Two Barrels is hiring a Junior Graphic Designer starting between $55,000 – $60,000 a year. This is a hybrid position, required to be located in Spokane, WA. The position is full-time, 40 hours, Monday-Friday.
We are looking for someone with a basic knowledge of UI, branding and identity, and illustration and who wants to further their experience and knowledge with the help of other creative minds. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player and play well with others.
The role works with a portfolio of many websites and an ever-expanding set of software tools, but they are all in-house projects (no external clients). Projects may include web designs/redesigns, app development, spot illustrations, iconography, logo/brand development, brand campaigns for social media and external channels, and graphic support on video and animation projects.
We’re looking for a Jr. Graphic Designer who will draw on their skills and experience to complete each job correctly and on time. In addition, we need a team member who enjoys researching our client base and thinking outside the box to raise the quality of the projects you’ll work on. This is a great opportunity to dig in and do amazing things.
Wage:$55,000 - $60,000/Year (Candidates qualify for the higher end of the range if you have a degree in Design.)
- The Junior Graphic Designer is a crucial part of our marketing creative team and is expected to design web & mobile UI, spot graphics, logos, presentations and more.
- 1-3 years experience in a graphic design position
- Provide a portfolio with your most creative designs
- Combination of proficiency in Adobe programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, InDesign, Acrobat, Premiere and After Effects
- Exposure to Figma, Sketch, Procreate and Canva
- Ability to produce quality work on aggressive timelines
- Ability to have an open mind with stakeholder requests
- Willingness to work through group discussions, critique and find solutions to problems with epic design. You find this process fun, and part of creating an epic final product.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Design and/or relevant work experience
- HTML/CSS knowledge and experience
- Custom brand creation like logos and graphics
- Vector and rasterized image creation (please be able to accurately explain the difference between the two, if asked)
- Experience in and comfort with an Agile work environment
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task
- The opposite of a boring personality, nothing too opposite though
- Experience creating appealing infographics
Why you might like this job:
• You love to design cool stuff
• You want your cool stuff to become even cooler by learning from other creative minds
• Learn new design tools/gadgets
• You don’t want to go work at a start-up where you might lose your job any day
• You’d like to move to more of a culture and process of research first, design second
• It interests you to take the time to dig into whom we’re targeting, making things, adjusting after seeing how they perform, and designing not just to finish a project but to make an impact and change. This job might be a rare opportunity to have the freedom to do this.
- Great Wage & Success Meetings with your manager
- Work From Home comfort package & company provided equipment
- 22 days paid time off annually, PLUS 4 paid holidays
- 4% 401k employer matching through Fidelity
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…