Two Barrels is looking for a graphic designer with a background in UI, branding and identity and/or illustration, but we hate to get so oddly specific about all that. This is a full time, 40 hour, Monday – Friday position in downtown Spokane, WA with an annual salary of $75,000.
The role works with a portfolio of manyyy websites and an ever-expanding set of software tools, but they are all in-house projects (no external clients). Projects may include web designs/redesigns, app development, spot illustrations, iconography, logo/brand development, brand campaigns for social media and external channels, and graphic support on video and animation projects.
You will be able to draw on your skills and experience to do whatever you feel inclined to do to get the job done right. You should have an interest in doing the research to understand the users and visitors of these properties and think outside of the box to raise the level of the projects you’ll work on. This is a chance to really dig in and do amazing things.
Two Barrels stays on the forefront of our industry’s trends, setting the bar for many others that follow. This requires everyone to work proficiently, so being a team player is a must. In addition to playing well with others, we would anticipate our graphic designer to be extraordinarily creative, have advanced knowledge of Adobe CS products, and to speak the language of design and production in the digital setting.
- The Graphic Designer is a crucial part of our web team and is expected to provide web graphics, fresh website designs, killer layout redesigns, image production and illustration.
- 3+ years experience in a web design position and/or pure awesome, undisputed talent
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CS products, with an emphasis on Photoshop and Illustrator Custom graphic creation, not just manipulation
- Ability to produce quality work on aggressive timelines HTML/CSS knowledge and experience
- Ability to have open mind with stakeholder requests
- Willingness to work through group discussions and solutions to problems with epic design. You find this process fun, and part of the process to an epic final product, not frustrating
- Custom brand creation like logos and graphics
- Vector and rasterized image creation (please be able to accurately explain the difference between the two, if asked)
- Experience in and comfort with an Agile work environment
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task with multiple projects
- No babysitter required (ability to work independently)
- Ability to take a request and turn it into something visually amazing
- Associates degree in design is preferred, especially with an emphasis on web
- The opposite of a boring personality, nothing too opposite though
- Experience creating appealing infographics
Why you might like this job:
- You love to design cool stuff.
- You want your cool stuff to be really good and to be seen by lots of people.
- You’ve been working for a massive corporation and you want to work somewhere you’ll make a difference.
- You don’t want to go work at a startup where you might lose your job any day.
- We’d like to move to more of a culture and process of research first, design second.
- If it interests you to take the time to really dig into who we’re targeting, making things, adjusting after seeing how they perform, and designing not just to finish a project, but to really make an impact and change, this job might be a rare opportunity to really have the freedom to do this.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 18 days paid time off (flexible time off after 5 years)
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing (additional 7 holidays off after 3 years)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…