Ruby on Rails Software Development Manager
Two Barrels is hiring a Ruby on Rails Software Development Manager for $160,000/year. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time 40 hour M-F onsite position with company benefits in Spokane, Washington.
Our Software Development Manager positions are a complete and full-circle ownership of our software applications. As a Software Development Manager at our office in Spokane, you’ll help a dynamic team of engineers and developers tackle large-scale projects centered around Ruby development. You will be in charge of the entire development process, from beginning to end. Each project is your baby.
- Manage the full cycle of our software applications
- Mentor and motivate your employees
- Take care of your employees
- Take care of stakeholder interests
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience, including 2+ years as a Development Manager
- Proven track record of leading high performing engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with managing code quality, organization, and efficiency
- Advanced understanding of Ruby syntax and all its nuances
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Understanding of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications
Why you might like this job:
You’re literally dying of boredom at your current prestigious job with a massive title that doesn’t really mean anything. You’re an important cog in a wheel of absolutely nothing and you’re tired of hanging that carrot made of bigger titles and promotions out in front of others, as you know that carrot doesn’t actually represent happiness or fulfillment. You’ve been promoting the climbation of a ladder into the abyss of corporate purgatory to your employees and you’re just done with it.
You’ve been in Purgatory. Now it’s time to enter Software Heaven. At Two Barrels, your presence here will actually mean something. Your work will affect the entire company. You won’t be bogged down by stupid meetings. This is the job you’ve always thought existed, but hadn’t found until right now.
The biggest and most important reason this job is yours:
You’ve come to realize that some people point fingers at others and miss out on the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. By contrast, you’re not afraid to point the finger at yourself, understanding that the knowledge gained from mishaps and failures is what makes the end product outstanding.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 18 days paid time off (flexible time off after 5 years)
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing (additional 7 holidays off after 3 years)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…