Two Barrels is hiring a Database Administrator for $110,000/year. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time 40 hour M-F position with company benefits in Spokane, Washington.
As a Database Administrator at Two Barrels in Spokane, WA, you will work closely with our Software and Analyst team to manage everything that has to do with data. This role will help get data into the hands of people that need it while also making sure it doesn’t adversely impact the other things we have going on in our software ecosystem. There will be a heavy focus on infrastructure – we want someone who can help us improve our system and maintain it effectively and cost efficiently.
- Optimize queries, maintain permissions and networking.
- Work with business teams to define requirements and translate to data.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Focus on infrastructure. Build a data service/platform from scratch using AWS. Host it and maintain it.
- Build a robust, fault-tolerant data pipeline that cleans, transforms, and aggregates unorganized and messy data into databases or data sources.
- Re-design, maintain and evolve the overall data architecture and reengineer where applicable into a modern API architecture.
- Improve existing data models while implementing new business capabilities and integration points.
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in computer science, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a data engineer role, or related position.
- Experience working with AWS preferably or other industry standard big data or ETL technologies.
- Proven knowledge of data platforms and tangible examples of designing and developing complex data pipelines to support better decision making in the business.
- Experience hosting and operating data platforms in cost efficient manner.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases, and provide recommendations.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Proven expertise with data architecture design and deployment, data modeling, and database development.
Why you might like this job:
You are obsessed with clean databases.
You love technology and feel passionate about companies and developers who make decisions based on data.
You like making things better by collaborating with teammates.
You want your work to have an real impact.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 18 days paid time off (flexible time off after 5 years)
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing (additional 7 holidays off after 3 years)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…