Two Barrels is hiring a Data Scientist for $100,000/year. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time 40 hour M-F position with company benefits.
As a Data Scientist at Two Barrels, you will work closely with our Software, Product, and Analyst teams to gain insights for our business. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets in SQL to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. You’ll work with a variety of stakeholders to drive our business in new exciting directions. You’ve got to be passionate about digging for solutions and scratching that itch.
Location:Spokane, WA or Remote
- Mine and analyze data from our PostgreSQL databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging this data to drive business solutions.
- Recommend new data streams and ensure data integrity.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Ensure data is being delivered to analysts efficiently and correctly.
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in computer science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a data scientist or related position.
- Advanced experience using SQL to query databases.
- Experience with statistical computer languages (R, Python, Matlab).
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Ability to communicate actionable insights using data, often for non-technical people.
- MS in Data Science, Statistics or other quantitative field
Why you might like this job:
You are eager to ask questions and find out the “why”.
You want to be a part of a company that likes to try new things.
You are driven to find the best solution for a problem and make a direct and thoughtful impact.
You love technology and feel passionate about making decisions based on some serious amount of data.
You want your work to have a long-term, meaningful purpose.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 22 days paid time off (29 days after 3 years. Flexible time off after 5 years!)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…