Director of VOIP
We’re trying to build the most private phone service on planet earth.
Our objective is to create an amazing user experience via through both browsers and apps. The phone service must also be as private as technically possible, as reliable as possible, and resilient as possible, for as cheap as possible. It should go without saying, we’re looking for someone who enjoys a challenge.
We service over 3 million active businesses nationwide and there’s a huge opportunity here to make our phone service awesome. We run on Verizon’s backbone, combined with AWS and Kamailio with native Android and iOS. This is an active service line for us, but it currently is not what we envisioned. We’ve had great ideas but horrible execution. We seek a visionary that is really into phones and VOIP. You’ll own the product from customer service all the way to through the actual tech running it. Phones and VOIP should be a passion for you. And I don’t mean managing a Cisco switch or some dumb corporate crap like that.
Location:Spokane, WA | Salt Lake City, UT | Austin, TX | Remote
Wage:$200,000 / year
- Make and run the most private phone service legally possible in the US.
- You should really really really understand VOIP and scalable services.
- You should be able to explain thoroughly how phone and messages works on all technical levels.
- You should have a lot of ideas about privacy and how we could do phones and messaging more privately for our clients.
- You're kind of a wacko and you've been looking for a wacky place to really do the crazy stuff you've always wanted to do.
Why you might like this job:
It bugs you to no end that an Apple or Google update defaults all your privacy settings back to not being private. You wish Purism actually had a good phone you could buy and that Linux OS phones were mainstream. We trademarked “Privacy By Default®.” It’s not an advertising thing for us, it’s a true passion. Very likely, you have been involved in the telecom industry for a long time and you can see where the data leaks out the side door, but you’ve never had an employer that cared to keep the user’s information private.
Once our phone service is good, we’ll be the largest VOIP provider in the country that isn’t Zoom, Teams, Google, or any of the others. We don’t want to compete with them or be in that level of space. We just want to sell a great, reliable private phone app for nine bucks a month to the masses with no upsells. We want it to be amazing! Can you help us get there?
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 22 days paid time off (29 days after 3 years. Flexible time off after 5 years!)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…