Senior Linux Systems Engineer
Do you use Archlinux for fun? Might you build something with open-source to solve a need or see if it can be done? Would you find it rewarding working for a medium sized company that is completely run on Linux? We're a little different. Are you? If so, please apply. But there's a little treasure hunt first at: https://sysjobs.twobarrels.com/start (don't forget to POST your name)
Two Barrels is hiring a Senior Linux Systems Engineer for $140,000/year. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time 40 hour/week position with company benefits.
You will be part of a dynamic technical team responsible for designing, building, and delivering key technical solutions such as: servers, containers, storage, networking, voice, data centers, security solutions, and monitoring tools. Our job is to ensure that our customers have the best experience possible, utilizing the vast number of technical solutions that we provide. Our vision is to enhance the quality, resiliency and scalability of the technology services delivered to our clients and our customer service teams.
In this role, you will participate in the overall design, deployment and feature roadmap for the architecture of our network and systems environment. You will work with other engineers to deliver performance and service standards and capacity planning models.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux server design and administration
- 5+ years of experience working as an engineer in developing and delivering infrastructure services that support an enterprise.
- Experience and understanding of networking services consisting of Virtual and Physical network functions
- Experience with Identity Management tools, i.e., FreeIPA
- Experience in designing virtualized compute environments, i.e, Docker, LXC, KVM
- Experience with AWS and their key services, i.e., RDS, ECS, IAM, Cloudwatch
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of PHP, NGINX, MySQL, Exim, Postfix would be helpful
- Hands-on development experience in one or more of the following: Linux scripting, especially for TCP/IP stack, Firewalls (iptables), DNS, VPN's. Programming aptitude in one or more of the following: Python, Java, GO, Ruby, PHP
- Experience with deployment or use of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- VoIP experience, ideally Asterisk
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a growth mindset and proven track record of execution and delivery.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adjust the messaging based on the audience.
- Experience with cloud related tools, products, i.e., Docker Swarm, Open vSwitch, Ceph
- Experience with large scale zero touch server provisioning
- Familiarity with network device configuration and management (Cisco, PFSense, IPTables, Juniper, Mikrotik)
- A comprehensive understanding of network technologies
- Proven success record of working with internet organizations to set industry direction
- Experience with Agile methodologies, effective working independently
Why you might like this job:
- You love identifying problems and working with multiple team members to determine and implement the simplest, most effective fixes
- You want to work for a company where your presence is valued and your voice is heard
- You want to work somewhere where an environment has been created that you feel comfortable owning your mistakes, discussing them, and learning from them.
- You want your work to have a long-term, meaningful purpose
- You have a growth mindset and understand what that is
- You enjoy leading people by example
- You just want to work somewhere where you could make cool systems, be paid enough to have a good living, and go home knowing you have backup plans in place, redundancies, and contingency plans where you need them to go have your life.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 18 days paid time off (flexible time off after 5 years)
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing (additional 7 holidays off after 3 years)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…