Two Barrels is hiring a VOIP Architect as a traditional company employee for $190,000/year. This is a full time, normal business hour M-F position with company benefits. This is a remote position. Our main office is in Spokane WA, and we have satellite offices in Austin TX and Salt Lake City UT.
We have around 3 million business users and we provide a simple voip browser based and app based phone solution. We run on Verizons backbone and are looking for a VOIP architect to help us make it better. We have big plans and our goal is to have the most private communication platform that exists for our clients. When we say privacy, we mean as a company. No data being sold or reused, but we’d like to be at the technical forefront of what’s possible for private communications for our clients.
As our VOIP architect, you need to be a master of: Kamailio, Asterisk, VPNS, Connecting to ancient networks, SIP, Security, Privacy, SMS gateways, and MMS gateways. But you also need to have the vision to pull it all together and build out the most reliable way for our phone service to work with IOS and Android.
Location:Remote | Spokane – Austin – SLC |
- Design a nationwide phone service that is scalable.
- Guide the software team in this experience.
- Contribute as a VoIP subject matter expert on all projects related to phone service.
- Analyze and translate business requirements and user needs into engineering, design, and technical specifications to support telecommunications infrastructure.
- Review network and VoIP architectural designs and configurations to provide recommendations to continually improve performance and reliability.
- Generate high-quality project documentation, such as architecture designs, implementation plans, design documents, test plans, etc.
- Provide documentation, training and technical escalation applicable for day to day administration and change request for network and VoIP configuration.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Network Engineering or equivalent experience with telecommunications services.
- At least 5 years’ experience developing, deploying, administering VoIP projects.
- Experience in designing phone and network systems that comply with Enterprise infrastructure standards.
- Experience in real-time software and using Linux systems.
- Hands on experience with SIP routers and Asterisk.
- Experience with Google Voice, Twilio or other voice apis.
- Extensive knowledge of telecom regulations and standards.
- Experience directly involved in network infrastructure to include converged IP networks, routers, switches, voice gateways (VG310, VG320, 2901 Router).
Why you might like this job:
Simply put, building the most reliable and private phone and communications application for $9 a month makes you excited. There’s no ceiling here on where we want to push our phone app with technology.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package & company provided equipment
- 22 days paid time off (29 days after 3 years. Flexible time off after 5 years!)+ 4 paid holidays
- 4% retirement matching through Fidelity
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…