Senior Backend Developer
Two Barrels is hiring a Senior Backend Developer specializing in the Domain Registrar space for $185,000/year. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time 40 hour/week position with company benefits. This is a remote position. Our main office is in Spokane, WA and we have satellite offices in Austin, TX and Salt Lake City, UT.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will be given a brand-new project within the domain registration space, and will get the opportunity to do a lot of cool new things. This is a uniquely rare position to make a direct impact on the business and on our clients because you will help us build out this new offering. Let’s be honest, the domain registrar space can be done better, and if you want to be a part of making it better this is the right opportunity.
Location:Remote | Spokane - Austin - SLC |
- Defining, designing, and implementing high-volume, scalable API systems which will interface with both internal and with external API’s provided by third parties
- Work closely with product team to make this a great solution for our clients
- Communicate consistently with stakeholders, managers, and other teams about releases
- Participate in training and development of others, as directed
- Be willing to learn, grow, and help all of us continually get better at what we do
- Be a good human
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other equivalent degree/experience
- Minimum 6 years full stack application development, software test automation experience, and object oriented development
- Professional experience developing in Ruby on Rails
- Experience building and documenting API’s
- Ability to design for security and scalability without compromise
- Professional history with JSON, XML and/or other serialized formats
- Understanding of internet name resolving protocols
- WAN programming experience
Why you might like this job:
You are a competent engineer and have been stuck in a creativity box even though you have creative solutions bursting at the seams. You want to break out of that box, buck the system, and make something amazing.
Coding is your go to, but you also like being part of the planning and vision of the product. Oh yeah, you area also product-minded, it’s kind of a big deal around here, and ends up making a dang good product. You just want things to be better, and want to be a part of making things better.
While it’s a great job, it’s just a job. You value your time. Work is more fun when you know you have awesome things to look forward to. Kick butt during the day and enjoy your time at home.
You also might just be a domain nut like us.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 22 days paid time off (29 days after 3 years. Flexible time off after 5 years!)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…