Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
Two Barrels is hiring a Ruby on Rails Software Engineer for $100,000/year. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time 40 hour M-F onsite position with company benefits in Spokane, Washington.
Two Barrels is always hiring Software Engineers. As a software engineer, you will be given medium-sized tasks and break them down into things to do to make an overall medium-sized project happen. You will likely do a lot of the work yourself or pull in some software developers to help you. If Ruby isn’t your direct current experience language, we are open to hiring you as a Junior and raising your wages and title to our regular Ruby on Rails Software Engineer job title once you regularly demonstrate proficiency in coding in Ruby or ROR.
Ruby on Rails Software Engineering Jobs:
As a software engineer you will need to regularly be able to explain technical aspects of projects to non-coding folks in ways that make sense. You will create timetables and deadlines you can hit. You will be able to stay on task and meet regular benchmarks as well as help others stay on task and meet their goals. You enjoy working with stakeholders and coming up with a plan to make their vision happen. You take complete ownership of your projects and anyone involved in them.
- Work with project managers, product owners, and stakeholders on medium sized projects
- Monitors and ensures automated processes run as expected
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or related work experience
- 3+ years professional experience with full stack application development
- Proficiently code in Ruby or Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries
- Experience with designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications
- Experience in planning and delivering software
- Able to work in an agile environment with a focus on continuous integration
- Cloud development experience with AWS, Azure or other environment
Why you might like this job:
You love to code, but you want to take part in the planning without being required to deal with stakeholders and project managers all day. You want to make cool stuff. You want your cool stuff to be really good. And you’re so passionate about the cool stuff you’ve made that you feel comfortable disagreeing with folks higher up the food chain about its usefulness. Or maybe you even think think you would engineer it a little differently if you were in charge. This is a great chance to start that journey.
- Great Wage
- 18 days paid time off
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing
- 3% retirement matching through a Fidelity Simple IRA
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Pizza across the street
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…