Director of Software Engineering
Two Barrels in Spokane, Washington is hiring a Director of Software Engineering to lead our growing team of developers. You’ll be the leader of how we engineer stuff. From software to front end to architecture. We’re not really hung up on titles here… so call yourself Director, or Head, or Conductor. We kinda like Conductor as your main role will be ensuring that our engineering team stays on the rails.
You’re an excellent coder still, we’re talking hardcore tech skills with an affinity for open source. But you also really enjoy mentoring and supporting other engineers when it comes to technical leadership to tackle the most impactful projects across the organization.
While we do hire remote employees, we need this leader to be located or relocate to Spokane, WA. Relocation assistance provided.
Wage:$250,000/year. We are family owned and run, so there's no share compensation or bonus structure as part of the compensation package.
- All Engineering: Software, Web Development, Architecture, etc.
- Manage and scale our teams for future growth
- Develop solutions and applications for business services, while leading and mentoring the team
- Focus on team culture and personal development
- Ensure technical feasibility of front end, back end and API designs
- Drive product roadmap and execution, and participate in technical design
- Identify and correct issues that impact performance, reliability, and scalability
- You can show a lot of screwups you'd had and how you've pivoted on large scale applications
- You can show how you've lead and managed large scale software and developer engineering teams
- Strong experience with software development and engineering 7+ years (Ruby preferred but not required)
- 5+ years’ experience managing and developing software development teams of 15-30 engineers and support
- Understanding of cloud (AWS) architectures and design patterns
- Experience working cross functionally in an Agile environment
- Experience developing mission critical applications and solutions
- Ability to design complete systems. Up to date on industry trends, best practices and change management
- 10-15 years of front-end, back-end and REST API software design and implementation of commercial software products or 3-5 years of SaaS based product development
- Any position that is required to work in office regularly or on occasion must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the job unless state law prohibits employers from requiring vaccines.
- You're a nice person
- You're amazing at communicating but also the true technical lead with all things engineering and development
- You have led a team of 30+ hardworking, passionate, smart people and helped them and the company they work for achieve!
Why you might like this job:
We’re family owned and operated. It’s a high high impact role, and the company isn’t driven by building a product we hope will sell someday. We’re into open source and you should be also. The job is in Spokane, WA. We have a lot of good humans that work here, but we want to help them grow and fulfill their mental stimulation. We need help with that process and we as a company are going to accomplish amazing things along the way. You might consider yourself an Anti – Thought Leader…
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 22 days paid time off (29 days after 3 years. Flexible time off after 5 years!)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…