Junior Front-End Web Developer
Two Barrels is hiring a Junior Front-End Web Developer for $75,000/year. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time 40 hour M-F position with company benefits in Spokane, Washington.
As a Junior Front-End Web Developer at Two Barrels, you’ll play a pivotal role in updating, maintaining and creating a wide variety of websites. On a daily basis, you’ll be working and learning from other front-end devs to develop your skills and help make our websites awesome!
Our team of writers and designers craft the content for our websites and our front-end team makes the magic happen.
What’s in a title?
Here at Two Barrels we don’t take titles very seriously. We know for recruiting purposes we need to call our jobs something, so we started with labeling and differentiating them in a fairly traditional way with “junior, mid, senior”. However, we’ve realized that was putting our employees in a box and wasn’t allowing us to uniquely identify their individual contributions, strengths and professional goals. Once you join our team the titles kinda get dropped as we expect everyone to work with everyone regardless of title or experience. We have taken the approach of evaluating candidates and employees on a “level” basis. It makes it a little easier internally to talk about growing into the next level without there being this huge chasm between what it means to be a Junior Engineer vs. a Mid Engineer. Our levels have expectations set for each one and it’s the responsibility of the manager and employee to make sure there is alignment. We do this through quarterly conversations where we discuss employee progression, if the work is challenging, and to ensure they feel fairly compensated for their work and expertise. Basically, levels gives us more flexibility to help people grow in their careers. But sure, you can post your title on LinkedIn as what makes sense to the rest of the world.
- Launch, maintain, and update a variety of websites
- Optimize sites for scale and feasibility
- Work with a team of front end developers to create awesome websites
- Accurately replicating mock ups into fully fledged websites
- Collaborate with content writers and designers
- 1+ year of experience working with HTML and CSS
- 1+ year of experience converting design files into HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of responsive design, some experience implementing within a project or website
- Working knowledge of CSS Frameworks, preferably Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of CSS Preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
- Experience using version control tools like git
- Exposure to Wordpress
- Any position that is required to work in office regularly or on occasion must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the job unless state law prohibits employers from requiring vaccines.
- Experience with server side web development languages like PHP
Why you might like this job:
As a Junior Front-End Dev, we know you’re talented but still have a lot to learn. That’s why this job is great for you. You’ll be working in an environment where you’ll be regularly encouraged to learn new tasks, to think differently about websites. As cheesy as it sounds, this is a position that will allow you to grow. Additionally, we’re not an agency. The websites you launch are a piece of a live business. You’re one piece of something much larger. The changes you make to our sites won’t happen in a vacuum; they’ll have real world consequences, as you’ll be working to increase conversions and make the lives of your coworkers better. So, if that sounds rewarding to you and you’ve got some skills, we’d love to meet you!
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 22 days paid time off (29 days after 3 years. Flexible time off after 5 years!)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…