Front-End Web Developer
Two Barrels is hiring a Front-End Web Developer to join our team. This is a full time 40 hour/week position with company benefits. This job is a remote job opportunity. Our main office is in Spokane WA, and we have satellite offices in Austin TX and Salt Lake City UT.
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual interested in building websites that feature new products and services. As a Front-End Web Developer at Two Barrels, you will work directly with our writers and designers to play an integral role in the creation process. You also will get to work with our PMs to truly understand what the product is, the why behind it, and then execute it into existence.
Some sites you work on will be massive thousand-page behemoths, others will be simple, five-page sites. This isn’t your average churn-and-burn website creation role where you pump out website after website for a different client and never see them again. You will get to work on our websites, truly think about how your code impacts them, and see them develop overtime to showcase our industry-leading products and services.
What’s in a title?
Here at Two Barrels we don’t take titles very seriously. We know for recruiting purposes we need to call our jobs something, so we started with labeling and differentiating them in a fairly traditional way with “junior, mid, senior”. However, we’ve realized that was putting our employees in a box and wasn’t allowing us to uniquely identify their individual contributions, strengths and professional goals. Once you join our team the titles kinda get dropped as we expect everyone to work with everyone regardless of title or experience. We have taken the approach of evaluating candidates and employees on a “level” basis. It makes it a little easier internally to talk about growing into the next level without there being this huge chasm between what it means to be a Junior Engineer vs. a Mid Engineer. Our levels have expectations set for each one and it’s the responsibility of the manager and employee to make sure there is alignment. We do this through quarterly conversations where we discuss employee progression, if the work is challenging, and to ensure they feel fairly compensated for their work and expertise. Basically, levels gives us more flexibility to help people grow in their careers. But sure, you can post your title on LinkedIn as what makes sense to the rest of the world.
Location:Remote | Spokane – Austin – SLC |
- Optimizing sites for scale and feasibility
- Troubleshooting technical issues and bugs
- Launching and maintaining multiple websites of varying sizes
- Accurately replicating mock ups from our desingers into fully fledged websites
- Mentoring junior developers
- Working with a team of Technical Writers, Designers and Developers to produce awesome websites
- BS in CS, Design, Engineering or relevant work experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a professional environment
- 3+ years of experience working with HTML and CSS
- 1-2 years of working knowledge of CSS Frameworks, preferably Bootstrap
- 1-2 years of working knowledge of CSS Preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
- 2-3 years of experience with PHP
- Familiar with Responsive Web Design
- A solid understanding of how Content Management Systems work
- Exposure to Wordpress
- Experience using version control tools like git
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
- Experience with Terminal commands
- Technical communication skills
- Any position that is required to work in office regularly or on occasion must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the job unless state law prohibits employers from requiring vaccines.
- Experience with Task Runners (GULP, Webpack, Grunt)
- Experience with ES6/ESNext
Why you might like this job:
You love making websites and you have a passion for making them the best they can possibly be. The sites you create are so insanely appealing, users will have no clue you spent a week weighing the philosophical benefits of particular hierarchical structures and reducing all unnecessary complexity.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package
- 22 days paid time off (29 days after 3 years. Flexible time off after 5 years!)
- 4% retirement matching through a Charles Schwab 401(k)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…