Two Barrels is hiring a Product Designer to join our Spokane team. This is a full-time (40 hours a week) hybrid position—meaning you will be required to work some hours in our downtown office. So, you will need to live within an easy commuting distance of our building.
Your role as a Product Designer will be to take client and employee needs and then craft killer solutions. We’ll need you to figure out the why and what behind our 50-plus products—crafting each one into well-designed, thought-out services that will benefit clients. You’ll also be working with our product managers—using your sharp business mind and analytic skills to study client feedback and make improvements.
We’re a family-owned and operated business with zero investors, private equity, or debt! We’re a cool, wildly unique group of people who love what we do. So, if you’re an awesome human who doesn’t mind working hard, we want to hear from you!
- Applying subject expertise in evaluating business operations and processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve user problems and document bugs and feature requests based on those problems within Support tickets
- Define procedures or standards, since he/she has the knowledge of what the right or best way to execute a task would be
- Provide input for the design and construction of test cases and scenarios
- Identifying areas where technical solutions would improve business performance
- Provide subject expertise and guidance to Product Teams and/or other business operations during the software development life cycle
- Test the product(s) or service(s) (user acceptance testing), using and evaluating it for accuracy and usability, providing feedback to the Project team
- Ensuring accurate representation of expertise prior to the distribution of technical solutions to end-users
- Verifying technical reference information, including user guides, training manuals, and system requirements while understanding technical jargon in your area of expertise
- Validate the requirements and deliverables the Product Team produces
- Documenting processes and disseminating information to all relevant stakeholders
- Be committed to the project and actively participate in all workshops
- While we'd prefer you have "Product Designer" experience, this role can also come from customer service and knowing the needs of our customers and/or our employees
- 1-3 years of experience working in the relevant area of expertise
- Ability to triage product defects related to relevant subject matter
- Project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of business operations and project management
- Advanced ability to define and assist with implementing technical solutions for cross-functional projects
- Experience taking multiple products from idea to completion and through continued development
Why you might like this job:
You’re super tired of stuff just being the way it is—you’re ready to make changes to everything we’re slinging out. If you love being creative, brainstorming solutions, and translating consumer needs into reality, you should apply to work here. Seriously, you won’t regret it.
- Great Wage
- WFH comfort package & company provided equipment
- 22 days paid time off (29 days after 3 years. Flexible time off after 5 years!)+ 4 paid holidays
- 4% retirement matching through Fidelity
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
Crappy parking?Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options…